Saturday, October 28th 2023
Parkview High School
998 Cole Drive SW Lilburn, GA 30047 (map)
To provide the best experience for all performers and spectators, enrollment will be limited to 20 bands. There are currently 15 performing spots available.
Registration will close when we have reached our student performer capacity limits. Applications are accepted on a first come, first served basis, and will be considered complete when registration is complete and $100 band registration payment is received. Performance order is determined by Application Postmark.
- All tickets are $14, kids under 5 are FREE
- For spectators: We highly recommend purchasing tickets before arriving at the gate to ensure you enter in time to see your band perform.
- Tickets can be purchased via GoFan (please check back for link)
- Stadium parking will be $5 (may be purchased with your ticket on GoFan)
- On site concessions, bake sale, and various vendors (cash and credit card)
- NO alcohol allowed on campus
- Gates open at 11 a.m.
We will not be enforcing a clear bag policy for this event
Rules and Regulations
Bands will be classified according to the number of wind players. Bands may enter a higher classification, but they may not enter a lower classification.
Silver Division (A, AA, AAA)
Class A – Up To 40 Winds
Class AA – 41-59 Winds
Class AAA – 60-79 Winds
Class AAAA – 80-100 Winds
Class AAAAA (OPEN) – 101 + Winds
Overall band scores for class, division, and overall placement will be in the Caption Format.
One judge will evaluate each band in their respective category for a maximum score of 100 in the following areas: Music Effect, Visual Effect, Music Performance (two judges), Visual Performance. In addition, the following captions will be adjudicated, but will not be used factored into the overall score:
Drum Majors, Color Guard, and Percussion
- Superior – 85-100
- Excellent 70-84.99
- Average – 55-69.99
- Fair -below 55
2023 Adjudication Panel
- Music Performance: Alex Kaminsky
- Music Performance: Cecilia Clark
- GE Music: Bill Muter
- Visual Performance: Rebekah Chadderdon
- General Effect Visual: Dr. Tina DiMeglio
- Percussion: Lance Kindl
- Color Guard: Aja Galioto
- Drum Majors: Megan Williams
In addition to adjudicated comments, we are providing a 25-minute clinic for your students Immediately following your band’s performance!
Awards will be given in the following areas:
- Participation plaque for exhibition groups, or GMEA ratings for color guard, percussion and overall band for all competing bands
- Caption awards: 1st in class for percussion, color guard, drum majors in each class
- Caption awards: 1st in class music performance visual performance and overall general effect in each class
- Class placement awards: 3rd, 2nd, 1st place overall in all classes
- Most outstanding brass, woodwind and most entertaining award (regardless of class, voted on by judges)
- Silver Division Grand Champions (classes A, AA, AAA)
Silver Division Grand Champions are invited to perform as an exhibition ensemble at the conclusion of the open class.
- Gold Division Grand Champions (class AAAA, AAAAA (OPEN))