Marching Band Information
IMPORTANT! The information and dates below are NOT for the 2021-22 season!
4/15/21: This information will be updated and posted soon. The old information and dates below are shown for general reference/planning ONLY. Do NOT make plans according to this! Rather, check back soon for the updated information and dates. We greatly appreciate your patience as we resume more normal scheduling and operation.
- Rookie camp and band camp are required for all new marchers!
- See below for band financial and enrollment information.
- Color Guard and Percussion Camp
Guard times TBA, 8:30-4:30PM (percussion)
- Rookie Camp (all 9th grade except percussion)
- Full Band Camp (all)
July 19 8:30AM-12:30PM
July 23-27 8:30AM-4:30pm
- Picture Night (all)
- Pre-School Practices (all)
July 30-Aug 2
DATES TBA, 2 DAYS DURING THIS WEEK
- Fall Rehearsal Dates (all)
August 5th to November
Every other Monday, Every Tuesday/Thursday
One Saturday Practice in September
Every other Monday 2:30-5:00PM
Guard/Percussion: Every Monday 2:30-5:30PM
- Other Fall Dates
Friday Night Football Games
Three Competitions (Saturday’s in Sept/October)
Two Exhibitions (Saturday’s in September)
The Parkview Band Boosters provides the main funding source for the PHS Band. An incredible amount of money is needed to operate a large successful program. The expected annual financial contribution is as follows:
- Concert Only (people who are not in marching band) $50
- Marching Band Winds
- New Members: $585 (boys)/ $685 (girls)
- Returning Members: $550
- Marching Band Percussion
- New Members: $685 (boys)/ $785 (girls)
- Returning Members: $650
- Color Guard $750
Each family is expected to pay this amount each year.
The fees are broken down into the following categories:
Non-Marching Members and Females
- Concert Only Contribution $50.00 This helps offset the cost of music, instruction, and general expenses. It does not apply to marching band members.
- LADIES-Concert Dress $100 All ladies signed up for our program must purchase our concert dress for high school
Marching Band Fees
- Marching Shoes and Gloves $35.00 (fee does not apply to returning members)
- Under Uniform Shirt $10.00
- Uniform Rental Fee $20.00
- Uniform Dry Cleaning Fee $20.00
- Band Instructional Fees $200.00
- Band Participation Fee $300.00
- Percussion Fee $100
- GCPS Instrument Rental Fee $30.00
- Lyre and Flip Folder $12.00 (This fee can be waived if you already own one)
- Lunches during band camp $7.50 per day Recommended (not required).
The Band Boosters offer many fundraising opportunities throughout the year to help students and parents meet this obligation. If your family is experiencing a temporary financial hardship, please contact a director at your convenience so we can craft an individualized plan that will allow you to make payments that fit your budget.
Four standard payment plan options are available including:
- Pay in full by July 1st
- 4 month payment plan (July, Aug, Sep, Oct)
- 8 month payment plan (July-Feb)
- 11 month payment plan (July-June)
All dates are required for the entirety of the season. We have very strict attendance policies which help to keep the quality of our band and performances at a high level. Students must attend all dates listed above, regardless of circumstance. A complete copy of our attendance policies will be handed out after enrollment in the program.
In April, packets will be distributed to students who have signed up for 9th grade band. Your packet and $50 deposit will be due before the end of school to secure your spot in Marching Band.